Up on the roof
The bay is named after the 8 April 1802 encounter between Matthew Flinders and Nicholas Baudin, both of whom were charting the Australian coastline for their respective countries (Britain and France). The meeting between the scientists was peaceful even though their countries were at war at the time.
The traditional custodians of this area are the Ramindjeri clan of the Ngarrindjeri people.
Granite Island. A view from The Bluff